Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Best First Mother's Day

Well, I must say that I feel so blessed to be a mother. It is hard work, but so rewarding! I had such an amazing weekend thanks to my family!!! Chad helped me put together the backyard! I have always wanted a garden and now that I have time, Chad and I put one in!! Our backyard is less then ideal for a garden so we had to make do with the space we had! We were lucky enough to be able to go "shopping" at my parents house! They have a ton of wood and lattice and fencing so we were able to get the supplies for FREE!!! We only had to purchase the dirt and veggie plants and seeds! They also gave us an old outdoor table and chairs that they had so we sanded them down and re-stained them! They are amazing!! On Sunday I got to sleep in and then go to brunch with my Husband, Son and Parents!! I woke up to a beautiful bouquet of flowers. At brunch we went to the hotel that Chad and I got married at and last year we also did Mother's Day brunch there. Last year at Mother's Day brunch is when we told our families that we were expecting! Michael got me a beautiful frame with a picture of him in it! My parents got me a mother's necklace with Michael's birthstone in it and a frame with Michael's finger paintings in it! After brunch we went to a local garden store where we got our veggie plants, seeds and a plant for behind the waterfall! It's been so much fun to play in my garden while Michael is napping!!!

No comments: